Hello, lovely students! I hope everything went smoothly today with your substitute– remember, all of your work is due at the start of class tomorrow. If, for some unknown reason, you didn’t finish gathering all of the material you needed from the signs up around the room, please check the file located below.
Nineteenth Century Migration Placards
That should be all you need to finish your work. Also, remember that your Unit Five Vocabulary is due at the start of class tomorrow, and we’ll begin class with your Unit Five reading quiz.
See you soon!
It’s that time of year again– time to register for your AP exams! Here at North Cobb, we do all of our registration for AP exams online, so you won’t be bringing any money or checks to school– everything will be done online. In order to register, please do the following:
- Go to the North Cobb TotalRegistration.Net site.
- Create an account using an email address that you will check frequently. They’re going to send you important stuff regarding your registration, so you DO NOT want it sitting in an account you don’t check, or going into your spam filter. You might even want your parents to create the account so that all the important payment stuff goes to them.
- Select which exams you plan on taking in May. (Hint: you plan on taking the AP World History exam– because you’re taking this class right now and you’ve been working your butt off and you know this stuff— and whatever AP class(es) you’re registered for next semester. The deadline for registration is Thursday, January 28th, so you won’t have long to sign up after Winter Break. Go ahead and do it now.
- Be sure to indicate which teacher you have for the AP class (if you know– you might not, if you’re taking the class next semester). This is important, because it lets individual teachers see how their students did on the exam.
- Select your payment options. You will need to pay online with a debit or credit card, or you can set it up so that you can pay in installments via check or credit card. Each exam will cost $92.00, so you need to start thinking about costs now.
***SUPER IMPORTANT INFORMATION: If you are eligible for free or reduced lunch, you can get a significant discount on your AP exams. All you need to do is click on the free and reduced option on the payment page on TotalRegistration.Net, pick up a form from me or Ms. Epps in Admin 1, take it home, have your parent or guardian sign it, and then return it to Ms. Epps. She’ll verify your paperwork, and you’ll be able to get the bulk of your exam costs covered!
If you have any questions about the registration process, or want to talk about how to prepare for the AP World History exam, or anything else– please feel free to come and talk to me as soon as possible. Remember, with a score of 3 or higher you can qualify for college credit, depending on the course and university you attend. That means that a $92 investment can save you hundreds of dollars in tuition and books, and– if you qualify for enough coursework hours– may mean you can graduate early (saving EVEN MORE $$$), or that you can add additional majors, certificates, or minors to your undergraduate career and still graduate on time.
For further information on AP exams, please see the College Board’s site on this topic.