Congratulations, guys– you made it to Thanksgiving. Take some time over the next week to relax, enjoy time with your family and friends, and eat some pies.
We’re getting awfully close to the end of the semester (only three more weeks when we get back!), which means you’ve got some work to complete over the break. So here’s what you need to do during your break:
- Complete the CCOT Worksheet using the prompt from the 2015 AP World History exam. (For those of you who were absent on Friday, please check your email– I’ll send it to you. You should also review how to write a Change and Continuity essay by looking at the Essay Writing Materials section of this website.)
- Read, annotate, and grade one of the three released student sample essays from the 2015 CCOT essay. (Again, those of you who were absent, please check your email.) We’ll talk about how you graded the essays when we get back on Monday, November 30th.
- Read for this unit! (Basically: finish the book. Your reading quiz will be on December 3rd.)
- Work on your Content Paper. It’s due on December 1st.
- Start working on the Student Learning Objective Review. Remember, your Student Learning Objective (SLO) exam will make up 10% of your final grade, and will take place on December 11th.
So that’s what you need to be up to date for the next week. Take care, have fun, and I’ll see you on the 30th.
(And just a reminder– I’m going to be out in the hinterlands starting on Sunday, so I make no guarantees about my availability via email. If you need to get in contact with me for any reason, I may not respond until Saturday, November 28th.)