Off we go, into the post-classical period! Over the next month, we’ll be talking about the rise of Islam and the caliphates, the development of sub-Saharan kingdoms and empires, aristocratic culture in Heian Japan, the persistence of Rome in the Byzantine empire, the birth of Russia, the growth of American empires like the Aztec and Inca, the conquest of– wait for it!— the Mongols over much of Eurasia, feudalism in Western Europe, and the spread of the Black Death.
Thus, as you might imagine, there’s a fair bit of reading for this unit. You should get started on it tonight. (Remember, the Unit Three Reading Guide is always available for download on the Unit Three resource page if you’ve lost yours.)
Here are the dates you need to keep in mind for this unit:
- In-Class Comparative Essay (Friday, February 12th
- Unit Three Vocabulary Assignment (Tuesday, February 23rd)
- Unit Three Reading Quiz (Tuesday, February 23rd)
- Film Review Due (Thursday, February 25th)
- In-Class DBQ Essay (Monday, February 29th)
- Unit Three Test (Tuesday, March 1st)
Also, don’t forget that you need to register for your AP exams by February 4th; please use the North Cobb TotalRegistration portal in order to sign up online!